Our Guide to Outdoor Landscape Lighting
As spring fever has sprung – all of us are looking forward to spending more time outdoors . . . on the porch, patio, in the garden, by the pool, etc. While the sun is the perfect way to light up our days – what can we do to illuminate our good times into the evening? We recommend outdoor lighting for three reasons:
- Function = practical. Take a flashlight and walk your property at night. What areas need to be lit?
- Safety = peace of mind. Poorly lit patios and gardens are a burglar’s dream! Research has proven that having outdoor lighting can reduce the risk of burglary.
- Ambiance = setting the mood. Whether it’s dinner and drinks with friends, a romantic evening, or relaxing on the deck, outdoor lighting is the key to enjoying it all.
Below are a few ways to welcome the night into your outdoor entertainment, while keeping the outdoors safe and beautiful.
- Pathway/stairway lights – a perfect strategy for showing off your beautiful gardens while staying safe.
- Build lights into the risers, underneath railings and on posts to ensure safe stepping.
- Path lights are small fixtures, come in a variety of styles, and are installed along the walkway or driveway.
- Patio, deck and/or hardscape lights – are essential for any outdoor transformation and you are only limited by your own creativity for outfitting your patio with lights!
- String lights
- Wall lighting
- Garden lights – should be there to complement by enhancing the cool shadows and characteristics of your garden.
- Lanterns on posts
- Rope lighting hidden in the landscape
- Water lights – adding lighting in and around pools, ponds and other water features is a beautiful and important safety measure.
- Floating lights
- Submerged lighting
Outdoor lighting is a very important element to any landscape project; it adds an extra layer of personality to your home or business. Invite the light and warmth of spring by giving us a call today, or filling out our online contact form. We will not only provide efficient outdoor lighting, custom-designed to meet your safety needs, but we will also tailor the design to your individual style and vision.